Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I...
You Are Here:
Town of Shelburne Crime Stoppers
Leave This Blank:
"Crime of the Week"
The Shelburne Police Department Crime Solvers is a program that offers citizens a safe, secure and totally anonymous way to help their police in solving crimes, seizing illegal drugs, recovering stolen property and putting criminals behind bars.
How Does Crime Solvers Work?
1. The media publishes information about crimes which have been difficult to solve, or advertise persons wanted on outstanding criminal charges.
2. Persons with information about a crime, or the whereabouts of a wanted criminal, call the 24-hour confidential tips line, at (785) 587-4121.
3. Callers are assigned a code number by the call taker. The information is then investigated by the police.
4. Hopefully, their information will help solve a crime. A citizen's board of directors meets to review the cases, and approve cash rewards for callers whose information has helped the police.
5. Callers, never seen by police, get their reward of up to $1000 in cash by a member of the civilian Crime Solvers Board of Directors. Callers never reveal their names or testify in court.
How to Send a Tip
If you wish to help the Shelburne Police Department solve crimes, while remaining anonymous, and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, there are two methods to choose:
1. You may call our 24-hour, confidential tips line at (785) 587-4121. This phone line is NOT traced, recorded, or caller I.D. used. You do not give your name, just your information.
2. You may leave your tip in the space provided below. This information is electronically sent to the Crime Solvers tip center, where it is then forwarded to the Shelburne Police. No email user name, or ISP identification is received by the police. Your tip is just as anonymous as a phone call.
How to Claim a Reward
1. To claim a reward, or check on the status of your tip, call the Shelburne Police Crime Solvers program coordinator, Officer Michael Thomas at (802) 985-8051. He will answer your questions.
2. Remember, you NEVER meet the police, and you NEVER give your name, just your information.
Enter Tip Information
* indicates required fields.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Information)
Barrett Trucking / VT Rail Distribution Facility
Bids, RFQ's & RFP's
Clock Restoration Project
Colleen Haag Public Service Award
Election & Voting Information
Highway Overweight Permits
Inaugural Poet Laureate
Library & Town Center Project
Megan Nick Day
Mooring Wait List Application
Ordinances, Policies & Resolutions
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow