What Information do I Need to Support a Grievance?
The more information submitted, the easier it will be to establish the facts and then discuss the less objective information. We typically request permission to look at the interior and exterior of the improvements to establish accurate sizes (ie gross living or building areas.) The building(s) are also evaluated for quality and condition at the same time. The land characteristics are also taken into consideration during the site visit. Supplemental information is welcome such as independent appraisal or certified market analysis when completed by a competent individual.

Show All Answers

1. When Can I Appeal My Property Value?
2. How do I Grieve My Property Value?
3. What Information do I Need to Support a Grievance?
4. Who Can Represent Me at a Grievance?
5. What Can I do if Not Satisfied with the Outcome with the Assessor?
6. What is the Relationship Between the Grand List and the Local Real Estate Market?
7. Why did My Tax Bill Increase When my Value did not Change?
8. When does the Town do a Re-Valuation?
9. How Often do I Have to Declare my Homestead as Being in Shelburne, Vermont?
10. Why do Exempt Properties, Including Churches Have to Report a Value in Shelburne?