1. Animal Contest Winners for 2018

  2. Notice of Increase in Passport Acceptance Fees

    Effective Monday, April 2, 2018 New acceptance fee is $35.00
View All

Our office is a Passport Application Acceptance Agency.  Effective May 1st, 2017 please call the office to make an appointment at 802-985-5116.  We take passport photos for a fee of $10. For more information look under Quick Links.

Application for a U.S. Passport – You Will Need:
Proof of U.S.Citizenship:  Certified birth certificate or previous passport.  If you were born outside the U.S. please go to: for specific information.
Proof of Identity:  One of the following - valid drivers license, previous U.S. passport,  certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, military id, federal, state, or municipal government employee id card or pass. 
One recent color photos:  $10 for one photo taken in our office.
Fees – Two checks.  Passport fee $110 (if under 16 - $80) written out to the U.S. Department of State and a $25 execution fee written out to the Town of Shelburne.  
For a child under 16:  Both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:  Evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship, Evidence of the child’s relationship to parents/guardian(s), AND parental/guardian identification.  If only one parent appears a consent form must be completed. Each minor child applying for a passport must appear in person.
U.S. Passport Card:  May only be used for international travel by land or sea between the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda. The cost for under 16  years of age is ($15 plus $25 processing fee unless purchased with a Passport book and then the cost would be $15) and is valid for 5 years. Over 16 years of age ($30 plus $25 processing fee unless purchased with a Passport book and then the cost would be $30) and is valid for 10 years. 
  • Passport Books and Cards may be purchased at the same time. Under 16 is $95 and over 16 is $140.  Plus an additional $25 execution fee.
  • Enhanced Driver’s Licenses for travel into Canada by land can be obtained in Burlington (7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m), Montpelier and Rutland Motor Vehicle Departments.