The Shelburne Town Beach is located at the end of Beach Road. The facility is accessible to Shelburne Residents by purchasing an annual beach sticker. Facilities include (1.5 acres) swimming, boat launch, volleyball, basketball, tetherball, playground, picnic tables and grills and bath house.
HoursPark is open from sunrise to sunset. Lifeguards on duty on the waterfront from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week, weather permitting. Pass holders may swim at their own risk when there is no lifeguard on duty.
A pass is required to enter the facility any time of the day.
Passes can be purchased at the beach from the gatekeeper or at the Recreation office from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Season passes are for sale to Shelburne Residents only and must show proof of residency. Check or cash only please.Season passes are for sale to Shelburne Residents only and must show proof of residency.
Season Pass Cost
$25.00 for 1st car, $5.00 per additional car in a household. Seniors, 60+, are $5.00 per car for a season pass.
Day Pass Cost
$6.00 (Must be Shelburne resident or guest of resident and residents must be present to allow guests to use the facility).
Guest PolicyNo additional fee for guests in the same car as the resident pass holder. Guests entering in own car: $6.00/car.
- Shelburne passholders may use beach for free in season (June 17 through late August), but must schedule with Parks and Recreaction office for parties of 20+. There will be a $50 fee for Shelburne passholders who want to schedule a party and have the bathrooms open in either pre-season or postseason.
- Non-passholders and guests will be charged $6.00 per car when entering the beach for a Shelburne resident's scheduled group.
- Shelburne Businesses will be charged $150 for a group gathering, of which $50 is a refundable security deposit. Shelburne school groups, Shelburne social service and community service groups are free, but must reserve and schedule dates with the Recreation office.
- Shelburne Daycares or camps, including non-profit organizations, will be charged $100.00 for a season pass.
- All groups using the beach with children must maintain a one adult to every 5 children ratio and must schedule with us.
The launch is located just beyond the swimming area and is available for small craft. You must have a beach pass to use the boat launch. Non-pass holders and non-residents may use the State of Vermont boat launch on Bay Road. Boats may not be left overnight. Picnicking, sunbathing, and swimming are not allowed within 100' of the boat launch.
The lift at the north set of stairs provides access to the water level for patrons with accessibility needs. The lift is operated by a key and only available when staff is on duty, or if arrangements for groups are made in advance. A ramp from the bottom of the lift down to the sand will be installed when water level allows. Please inquire at the Recreation office for more information about using the lift.
Beach Rules and General Information
A complete list of Beach Facility Rules are available in the Related Documents.
Here are a Few Reminders
No dogs or other pets are allowed at the beach or in the facility at any time. Please do not bring them and leave them in the car either!
Use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Glass bottles/containers are prohibited. The Parks and Recreation Department will refund the facility deposit upon completion of inspection of the Town Beach.
Groups must collect, bag, and haul out trash following their event. Groups will be responsible for any damages to facility. All group use must be completed by 7:30 p.m. unless approved in advance by the Parks and Recreation Department. All Shelburne Town Beach Rules apply to the groups. The Parks and Recreation Department will refund the facility deposit upon completion of inspection of the town beach.