Planning Housing Sub Committee
Housing Subcommittee Charge
The Housing Subcommittee of the Planning Commission has no agenda or role other than collecting, collating, and analyzing data on housing stock in Shelburne and to make housing information available to any town committee, commission, or board that requests it.
The Housing data collected, collated, and analyzed by the Subcommittee may include:
- Number of houses
- Number of bedrooms per house
- Location of house
- Assessed price of house
- Fluctuation in assessed value of house
- District in which the house is located
- Number of building permits historically issued
- Increase/decrease in town/county/state population
- Household make-up (demographics) such as number of adults and ages, number of dependents and ages
- Pending building permits
- Current proposals for new houses
- Information from Walk Score
- Understanding Shelburne’s housing in a broader context (county/state/national)
The information can be used to assist a number of town entities in their duties:
- Planning & Zoning
- Public Works
- Parks & Recreation
- Bike & Ped
- Natural Resources
Once current housing data have been catalogued the Subcommittee will monitor new building permits and pending development to keep the information current.
Membership and Meeting Schedule
The Subcommittee will consist of five (5) members who will meet on the first Monday of each month. The Subcommittee will be assisted by Shelburne Planning & Zoning staff.
Membership Terms and Reappointment
Members of the Subcommittee will serve one year terms with reappointment addressed by the Planning Commission Chair at the organizational meeting.
|Committee Members||Term Expires|