Halloween Event Info: Sunday, October 31st
Shelburne Parks and Recreation will be offering Halloween games and activities as well as a Costume Contest again this year, in conjunction with the CSH Rotary Parade. While we intend to provide the same fun experience for kids and families, we must make some modifications to the event to keep it low risk and safe for all attendees and volunteers. Here’s some important information you need to know if you plan to attend or participate! The Rotary Parade kicks off at 2:00 p.m. on Falls Rd.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors!!
- Associates in Orthodontics, Drs. Librizzi, Blasius & Librizzi
- Hannaford's Supermarket
- Kinney Drugs
- Shelburne Country Store
- Shelburne Market
Halloween Costume Contest
· Time: Prior to the Parade on October 31st.
· MUST Pre-register for specific time slot by Deadline: Thursday, October 28th
Call 802-985-9551 or email to register. No Walk-ins! There will be a limited number of people allowed per time slot. We are starting to register now for the 1:00 p.m. time slot.
· Location will be outside on the south Baseball field behind the Town Center. In case of bad weather, we will use the lobby as “walk-through” judging area. participants will be directed to wait for their turn outside the Town Municipal building by the North main entrance (facing the Library). Participants will walk through the ground floor lobby where the judges will score them. They will exit through the South entrance (near Police vehicles).
· Masks required if indoors.
Halloween Games, Activities, & Haunted Stage at Town Gymnasium
- Time: immediately following the Parade (approximately 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Entrance to the gym through the side marked door only. (west side facing Library. Line to enter will be outside, so please dress for the weather.
- Groups of 6 people or less will be allowed to enter at a time, with a limited amount of groups in the gym at once.
- Kids will be allowed to play each game or activity once and receive candy or a prize at each station.
- People can choose to walk through the “Haunted” stage (optional) before exiting on the west side (near baseball fields).
- Masks covering nose and mouth are required for all while inside the building.
- Only one group will be allowed at a game at a time. When the group in front of you moves to the next game, your group can proceed. There will be no lines at games. The intent is to keep a minimal amount of people in the gym at a time, but still allow everyone who wishes the opportunity to attend and enjoy the event. Hand sanitizer will be available at the welcome table and each game/ activity station.
- Each child be given a bag with treats when entering the gym, and they will have the opportunity to earn a prize at each game / activity station.
- Please note, children under age 3 are welcome to attend with parents and siblings, but most treats and prizes are not suitable for children 3 and under. Also, while all candy treats will be individually wrapped, parents of children with allergies are responsible for supervising what their child is allowed to or able to eat as some treats will have peanut, nut, gluten and/or dairy in them.
For more information about the Halloween Parade, please see the Charlotte-Shelburne-Hinesburg Rotary Event page on Facebook.
The CSH Rotary Parade kicks off at 2:00 p.m. on Falls Road.
Parks & Recreation Donations for Concerts and Special Events.
100% of all donations go to support our series of special events for the current fiscal year. Some of these events include the Summer Concert Series, Winterfest, Safe Halloween and many more. If you have attended these events, you know how vital they are to a successful community, but we do need your help!
Donors of $100 or more will be listed at all special events as well as publicized in our program brochures. Options include a major sponsorship of or a general contribution toward a concert or event. Any donation amount is appreciated. If interested in donating please contact:
Shelburne Parks and Recreation
PO Box 88
Shelburne, VT 05482