Wastewater & Water Billing
Shelburne has a municipal water and wastewater department. Bills are determined on water used during the previous quarter. Bills are sent out quarterly on February 1st, May 1st, August 1st and November 1st and payment is due by the end of the month.
The wastewater user fee is $13.15/thousand gallons (effective August 1, 2017)
The rate for water usage is $6.49/thousand gallons (effective August 1, 2017)
Details of the water and wastewater budgets can be found in the Related Links section of the Finance Department.
A penalty of 8% and interest of 1.5% per month is assessed on the amount due after it becomes delinquent. There is a 3,000 gallon minimum usage charge.
- Contract Drawings for Sewer System Collection Improvements
- Wastewater Fact Sheet (July 6, 2017)
- Draft Permit Memo (July 6, 2017)
- Factsheet for Draft Permit (June 2017)
- Public Notice Hearing
- MAPP Reasonable Potential Determination (June 2017)
- Draft Discharge Permit (June 2017)
- Sewer Overflow (April 17, 2017)
- Press Release (July 20, 2016)
- RFQ Frequently Asked Questions
- RFQ Guidance Document
- RFQ Sewer Bond 2016
Superintendent and Chief Treatment Plant Operator
Water Quality Superintendent
Ph: 802-985-3700 (Plant 1)
Ph: 802-985-3533 (Plant 2)
Monday - Friday
7 AM to 3:30 PM
Plant #1 is located off Bay Road at 143 Crown Road.
Plant #2 is located on Harbor Road across for the Community School, next to the Highway Department Building at 53 Turtle Lane.