Elections & Voting
Town Warning, Sample ballots, and Election Results will be posted when available at the top of this page.
Town Meeting 2022
No Candidate Petitions are required for the March 2022 Local Election.
Candidate Consent Forms are due January 24, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. in the Town clerk's Office. The form gives permission for your name to be printed on the ballot. Links to the Consent Form are below under Related Documents.
For Open Seats and Articles please see Australian Ballot Voting listed below. Due to COVID-19 The Annual Town Dinner is canceled. Hope to dine with you all next year!
Shelburne Informational Town Meeting
Monday, February 28th, 2022 - Town Meeting starts at 7:00 p.m. and will be remote only via Zoom link. The link will be provided soon.
Please contact me if you have questions or concerns.
Town Meeting Voting 2022
- Tuesday March 1, 2022: Town Meeting (Australian (Paper) Ballot) Election
- Early Voting starts February 9, 2021
- Request your absentee ballot today:
- Online at https://mvp.vermont.gov/
- Call 802-985-5116
- Email email@example.com
Early Voting Mailings for Town Meeting will be post marked not later than 20 days before election day, which is February 9, 2022 per State Statute for local elections.
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 – Town Meeting
Australian Ballot Voting 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Town Gymnasium at 5420 Shelburne Road.
- Voting on Town Meeting Articles and Town Officers
- Town Moderator (1 Year Term)
- Selectboard Member (3 Year Term)
- Selectboard Member (2 Year Term)
- Town Constable (2 Year Term)
- CVSD School Director (3 Year Term)
- Town Budget
- Open Spaces Funding
- Other potential articles per the Selectboard’s warning TBD at the time of this posting.
- There will be a separate ballot for Champlain Valley School District (CVSD) Articles.
Absentee Ballot Drop-off Locations
Shelburne Town Clerk’s Office We are staffing the office Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Shelburne Police Dispatch in the same building on the ground floor located at 5420 Shelburne Rd, Shelburne, Vermont. Police Dispatch is open 24/7.
Drive through option: Shelburne Secure Absentee Ballot Drop Box located at 5420 Shelburne Road straight off the north door of the Town Offices, near a light, and video surveillance camera. Thanks to the highway department for securing, it into the ground. And thank you to the Recreation Department for making the signs on the box.
In Person Voting In the Shelburne Town Clerk's Office during early Voting Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and In the Town Center Gymnasium (Monday before Election Day from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Election Day from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
There are two voting districts in Shelburne 5-1 and 5-2. The issue of voting districts becomes important in state elections as it determines legislative representation. District maps are available in the town clerk’s office and below under Related Documents
- The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining the voter registration list.
- There is no waiting period for establishing residency in Vermont.
- The law states that “residency” is defined by where the person is domiciled, as evidenced by intent to maintain a principle dwelling place in the town indefinitely and to return there if temporarily absent, coupled with an act or acts consistent with that intent.
- Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk’s office during regular business hours or at the police station 24/7. You may also register online.
- Individuals, who have never voted in Vermont, will need to take the Freeman’s Oath and you can administer it yourself.
- Same day voter registration as of January 1, 2017.