Elections & Voting
To be posted when approved by Selectboard
To be posted when available
To be posted when available
Due to COVID-19 The Annual Town Dinner is canceled.
Hope to dine with you all next year!
Shelburne Informational Town Meeting
Monday, March 1st, 2021 – Town Meeting ( via Zoom – link to be posted )
7:00 p.m. Open Town Meeting
This is an information meeting with presentations on the budget and other topics, all voting from the floor is being moved to Australian Ballot. Town Meeting will be recessed until Tuesday March 2nd, 2021. The budget, all other spending questions, and officer elections are voted by Australian (paper) ballot on Tuesday, March 2nd
Town Meeting Voting 2021:
Tuesday March 2, 2021: Town Meeting (Australian (Paper) Ballot) Election
Early Voting Mailings for Town Meeting will be post marked not later than 20 days before election day, which is February 10, 2021 per State Statute for local elections 17 CH 55 V.S.A. § 2681a.
Tuesday, March 2, 2021 – Town Meeting
Australian Ballot Voting 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM at the Town Gym 5420 Shelburne Rd.
Voting on Town Meeting Articles and Town Officers
Town Moderator (1 Year Term)
Selectboard Member (3 Year Term)
Selectboard Member (2 Year Term)
Town Clerk (3 Year Term)
CVSD School Director (3 Year Term)
CWD Water Representative (3 Year Term)
Potential purchase of land for Fire and Rescue new combined facilities
Open Spaces Funding
Champlain Water District (CWD) Bond Vote: the purpose of funding the acquisition of various capital assets
There will be a separate ballot for Champlain Valley School District (CVSD) Articles.
Town Warning, Sample ballots, and Election Results will be posted when available at the top of this page. Absentee Ballot Drop-off Locations
Absentee Ballot Drop-off Locations
Shelburne Town Clerk’s Office We are staffing the office Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We will be closing at 2:00 p.m. on Monday March 1, 2021 to prepare for the Election on March 2, 2021.
Shelburne Police Dispatch in the same building on the ground floor located at 5420 Shelburne Rd, Shelburne, Vermont. Police Dispatch is open 24/7.
Drive through option: Shelburne Secure Absentee Ballot Drop Box located at 5420 Shelburne Road straight off the north door of the Town Offices, near a light, and video surveillance camera. Thanks to the highway department for securing, it into the ground. And thank you to the Recreation Department for making the signs on the box.
In person voting is still available in the Shelburne Town Clerk’s Office Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Election Day March 2, 2021 in the Town Center Gym.
There are two voting districts in Shelburne 5-1 and 5-2. The issue of voting districts becomes important in state elections as it determines legislative representation. District maps are available in the town clerk’s office and below under Related Documents
- The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining the voter registration list.
- There is no waiting period for establishing residency in Vermont.
- The law states that “residency” is defined by where the person is domiciled, as evidenced by intent to maintain a principle dwelling place in the town indefinitely and to return there if temporarily absent, coupled with an act or acts consistent with that intent.
- Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk’s office during regular business hours or at the police station 24/7. You may also register online.
- Individuals, who have never voted in Vermont, will need to take the Freeman’s Oath and you can administer it yourself.
- Same day voter registration as of January 1, 2017.