Currently, the Dog Park is searching for a new location in Shelburne to move to. Although the current site allows for a dog park to exist under State wetland rules, the improvements and developments that the park has undergone and would like to see in the future do not fall under the allowable scope. The Town has developed a plan with the State of Vermont to move the Dog Park location within 5 years. Dog Park Committee Members are working with Town Staff to assess and recommend a new site. The park location is not expected to move in 2018, but check for updated information.
The Shelburne Village Dog Park is open for dogs and their owners to enjoy! The Friends of Shelburne Village Dog Park and Committee members worked hard to open the Park in 2012 after 2 years of planning and fundraising. Their efforts have paid off and the park in now officially open! Please check out this great resource located on Harbor Rd. at the entrance to the Ti-haul Path (between Turtle Lane and New Village Farm).
In the summer of 2014 water access was brought to the Park and a Dog Washing station was added. (Please do not use soap at the Park). In addition, Robbie Brangan built a storage shed as an Eagle Scout project which has brought needed shelter for humans and security for supplies and equipment at the park.
If you plan to visit, please plan ahead and respect the Rules. Keep our Park a safe and happy place for all to enjoy.
A parking lot is available on Harbor Road just east of the bridge between Turtle Lane and the Arbors. It is next to the Town Water / Sewer building and just a short walk to the Dog Park!
Shelburne Village Dog Park Best Practices
Here’s a list of best practice behaviors while in the park:
- Always supervise your dog
- Clean up after your dog and any other poop you happen to come upon
- Remove your dog immediately if she’s playing too rough (Depending on the situation, you can try and take your dog to the other end of the park for a short break then bring her back for another chance to play nicely.)
- Take your dog out of the park if he’s intimidating other dogs and/or people (Figuring out if your dog is being intimidating can be challenging. A good idea is to ask the people around you if they think your dog is being too forceful. We all need to be sensitive to the feelings of other dog owners.)
- Correct your dog if she jumps on someone and please apologize to the human who now has paw prints on her clothes (Dogs can be messy - we shouldn’t expect to leave the dog park in the exact condition we were when we arrived.)
- Try and give the dogs plenty of room if they are being rambunctious to avoid being knocked over.
Go to the related documents displayed at right (Dog Park Rules) to find out more about the Rules.
Become a Dog Park Member
Are you and your dogs enjoying the park? We encourage everyone to become a member of the Shelburne Village Dog Park by sending your tax deductible contribution of $25.00 to:
P.O. Box 88
Shelburne, VT 05482
Forms are in the mailbox at the Park or you may print one and mail it in. You don't have to be a member to enjoy the park, but we sure would appreciate your support!
Volunteers are Always Welcome!
Do you every wonder who empties the poop containers? 7 volunteers do! Each take care of this task one day per week. It only takes about 5 minutes to empty the 3 containers and put new bags in. Would you like to take a turn? Please don’t worry about not being able to do it 100% of the time.
Please contact Carol Bick to volunteer!